Monday, June 27, 2011

Digital Senior Project art4632 - Inspiring artist- Krishnamurti Martins Costa

Inspiring artist- Krishnamurti Martins Costa

From http://www.antropus.com/artblog/

In our class we were tasked with finding three artists who inspire us. One of the artists who inspired me was Kirishnamurti Marins Costa from http://www.antropus.com/artblog/

About Krishnamurti Martins Costa

My name is Krishnamurti Martins Costa, aka Antropus. Born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, I discovered my interest in computer graphics as a teenager, using an Amiga computer. Years later, I created my first models on a DX2 66Mhz PC, using 3D Studio 3.0 for DOS. This was back in 1993. I never stopped producing CG art since then.
Recently hired as Senior Digital Artist at Industrial Light + Magic (ILM), in San Francisco, California, my film career ranges from "Barnyard: The Movie" and "Snakes on a Plane" to "Evan Almighty" and “Pan’s Labyrinth.” For the Academy Award® winning "Pan's Labyrinth" I worked as character animator and facial rigger, also doing some additional modeling and texturing.
I'm very excited about working at ILM. It's a long time dream coming true and a great honor to be part of this amazingly inspiring team. The future is never a certain thing, but in my mind there's no other place where I would like to be working other than ILM. Right now I feel truly inspired by this opportunity. This is a huge deal for me.
My personal career includes two 3D Grand Prizes in two editions of the CGSociety Challenges. I shared step-by-step images on the creation of my award winning work for both MachineFlesh 2004 and Master & Servant 2005, the most prestigious competitions of their kind on the internet.
I try to constantly share my workflow in CG forums and comprehensive free tutorials, also available on this website.
I'm also the founder and co-owner of the biggest Brazilian CG community today, 3D4ALL.org, with almost 18.000 registered users.  3D4ALL.org was created with the intention of mentoring artists, revealing their talents and providing a friendly space to share resources and useful information related to CG and illustration enthusiasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home